The Garrick Club is a Grade II listed building, founded in 1831. It is a private members club situated in the heart of London, offering members accommodation, fine dining, a library and exclusive events. The Garrick Club was looking to modernise its premises and expand its current services to provide better facilities to its members. The work involved internal and external alterations to 15 Garrick Street and to the 3rd and 4th floors of 11 Garrick Street.
The works included the conversion of an existing wine cellar into a new dining room, and turning the existing back of house areas into a new billiard room, infilling the external courtyard to create new chef’s office and store, new housekeeper’s office and laundry room. Next was the forming of the new ground floor kitchen and new office space to the 3rd floor adjacent building. The demolition of the existing structure of the building to the rear was carried out and installation of new floor plates and lift shaft, a new library, 8 new bedrooms, private dining room, members’ computer room, staff room, PDR pantry and new lift.
Following this, was the removal of the existing lift and shaft which was then infilled to allow the forming of the card room, members’ store, member pantry, WCs, strip out of the existing Irving Room with the fitting out to the room to include a new bar and terrace, the forming of a new wine cellar, maintenance office, security office, escape corridors and staff rest room.
The final works included the installation of the new DDA lift to the rear courtyard to allow access into the basement through a new opening, and finally the reinstatement of the existing 18th century floor to the Great Hall. This had to be handmade to match the existing 40% of original patterns that remained from when the building was first built.