Imperial College was founded in 1907 and is an education and research establishment renowned for science, engineering, medicine and business. Imperial College needed to refurbish the existing structure on the top floor of this building whilst also creating additional space to allow for extra students. The existing accommodation was replaced to create two raked lecture theatres suitable for 80 students, each with an adjacent student break out area allowing additional courses to be offered.
The two theatres were adjacent to each other allowing them to be configured into a single large lecture space for at least 150 students which would assist with temporary decanting requirements arising from other projects on the campus. In addition, the rear lightwell on the two levels below was infilled with a lightweight structure to create two PHD suites each suitable for 20 students.