The role is to assist the Engineering Manager deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying 8build culture, systems and procedures. Specifically, to manage the building services engineering design/installation process and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company.
You will be an effective communicator, procedurally minded and willing to learn.
Additionally, you will have an organised and methodical nature, be persistent and thorough, with a thirst to learn how to deliver building services engineering installations in line with defined project goals.
• Assisting in the delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, quality, and environmental conditions.
• Attend where appropriate, meetings with designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
• Assist in the review of designers and contractors drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
• Organise and control the effective release of information where there are shortfalls or errors in the design.
• Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements.
• Assist in the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects.
• Help prepare and monitor progress against a Commissioning programme
• Help produce monthly Engineering Services Status Report for their project(s).
• Contribute Value Engineering skills and assist the Financial Manager in costing variation works.
• To use and manage our procedures as outlined on the 8build electronic library.
• Internal reporting to line manager including keep fully informed of issues and potential risks to the business.
• Develop skills in environmental issues including BREEAM, LEAD etc.
• Working knowledge of Design and Build form of contract and other forms of contract together with their differing risk and opportunities
Essential skills and qualifications
• Relevant degree in an Engineering subject
• Good communicator.
• Competent in Health and Safety management.
• Programme oriented.
• Good organiser and able to implement systems.
• Prepared to be innovative.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to build relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
• CSCS Card holder
• Self motivated
• Energetic, effective and flexible team member.
• Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
Relationship with colleagues
• Assists with the day to day running of the Engineering Installations
• Good team player and communicator with other staff and team members
Please note that we receive a large volume of job applications and will not be able to respond to each one individually. If you have been successful in your application, we will be in contact regarding the interview stage.