The role is to assist the Financial Manager in his duties.
The ideal candidate will have a professional, proactive approach. You will be an effective communicator and be willing to learn skills in negotiating, both internally and externally with customers. This role would suit a candidate with an organised and methodical nature who is happy to work individually and as part of the wider project team.
• During proposal stage, obtain trade contractor bids, help to compile proposal document and collate the overall document
• Assist with the operating of the Bid package Tender schedule
• Compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders
• Place orders and instruct trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works, contracts/trade contracts)
• Assist with the value engineering
• To work to achieve profitability targets set.
• Handle receipt and distribution of drawings, RFIs and other relevant information and maintain good information control
• Attend design team and trade contractor meetings
• Manage change orders in conjunction with the Financial Manager
• Help prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports
• Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client
• Instruct accounts to invoice clients
• Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers
• Prepare ‘rolling’ final account throughout project and agree at PC
• Assist in the Close out financial account and retention releases
• Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for 8build directors responsible
• Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCRs and interim CVRs
• Keeping line manager fully informed of issues and potential risks to the business.
• Attend all Training courses and experience modules as required under the Graduate Training scheme.
Essential skills and qualifications
• Relevant qualification (degree, RICS membership)
• CSCS card holder
• Analytical and thorough
• Committed and hard working
• Willing to learn and ask questions
• IT literate in Excel and Word
Relationship with colleagues
• Able to work in a team and communicate well
Please note that we receive a large volume of job applications and will not be able to respond to each one individually. If you have been successful in your application, we will be in contact regarding the interview stage.