Responsible for assisting the Construction Manager in his duties.
The ideal candidate will have a professional, proactive approach. You will have a willingness to learn skills in managing people and progress on site as part of a project team. The following attributes will be present in the successful candidate; Strong work ethic; Highly motivated; Team player; Highly Focused; People person; Results Driven; Positive & effective communicator, willing to learn.
• To work closely with the Construction Manager & Engineering Manager.
• To work closely with the Health & Safety manager in planning the works
• To help identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction
• To help review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary
• To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients
• To actively promote 8build philosophy and culture
• To produce precise and succinct reports
• To help produce logistic plans and method statements
• To attend trade contractor meetings
• To assist in the preparation of detailed programmes with the project planner
• Produce short term programmes
• Develop a good understanding of M&E systems
• To develop computer skills and store all information on the 8build z-drive
• Implement Zero Defects Initiative
• To use and manage our procedures as outlined on the 8build electronic library
• Internal reporting to line manager including keeping fully informed of issues and potential risks to the business.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
• Recognised construction industry qualification (degree, CIOB etc)
• Analytical and thorough
• Committed and hard working
• Willing to learn and ask questions
Relationship with Colleagues
• Able to work in a team and communicate well
Please note that we receive a large volume of job applications and will not be able to respond to each one individually. If you have been successful in your application, we will be in contact regarding the interview stage.